We are committed to live theatre as an art form and to the development of new works. We have largely a suburban audience whose sensibilities and tastes have been developed over a number of years of continued attendance. The audience is loyal, faithful and trusting in our sense of adventure and good taste.
Typically, The Willows Theatre Company produces at least one world premiere (or second production) in each season. Likewise, we produce many West Coast or Northern California premieres. We produce exclusively from contemporary American Theatre but will consider certain stylized plays and musicals which have a contemporary edge to them.
How to submit your work:
- The Willows Theatre Company is accepting submissions of comedies ONLY. We are not looking for dramas or musicals at this time. We do not produce one-acts at any time.
- Please submit a brief synopsis, character breakdown, and playwright resume. Please include a SASE for return of materials and our response.
- Please allow six months for a reply.
- Please do not send a full script unless invited to do so.
- Please do not email your submission or email the office for information on the status of your submission.
Our cast sizes vary but we are not daunted by large casts. If you look at our production history, we typically will have 15 or more in each production.
Please send materials to:
Willows Theatre Company
1425 Gasoline Alley
Concord, CA, 94520
We compensate all of our performers and operate under a LORT-LOA contract with AEA. We are members of TCG, the Institute for Outdoor Drama, Theatre Bay Area, and the National Alliance of Musical Theatre.
Please click here to see the list of past productions at the Willows. This should give you the best idea of what we produce. However, the NEXT great play may be yours, so please follow our guidelines and best of luck in your pursuits!