Deadline: August 15, 2010
Yale University Press and Yale Repertory Theatre are seeking submissions for a major new playwriting competition, The Yale Drama Series. The winner of this annual competition will be awarded the David C. Horn Prize of $10,000, publication of his/her manuscript by Yale University Press, and a staged reading at Yale Rep. The winning play will be selected by series judge David Hare.
There is no application form or entry fee. Please follow these guidelines in preparing your manuscript:
- This contest is restricted to plays in the English language, though submissions are accepted worldwide.
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays written in English. Translations, musicals, and children’s plays are not accepted. The Yale Drama Series is intended to support emerging playwrights. Playwrights may win the competition only once.
- Plays that have had professional productions are not eligible.
- The manuscript must begin with a title page that shows the play’s title and your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (if you have one), and page count; a second title page which lists the title of the play only; a list of characters; a list of acts and scenes; and (if applicable) a list of acknowledgments.
- Plays must be typed/word-processed, numbered and in standard play format.
Send the manuscript to:
Yale Drama Series
P.O. Box 209040
New Haven, CT 06520-9040